Copyright 2011 Shannon L. Buck: How to Live the Freelance Life
What, or whom, inspires you?
I have many people and things that inspire me: My family, my friends, my cats. My home and the world around me.
I find it inspiring to walk along a river bank. To walk the bike path, snapping photographs of nature. I am always inspired to write when I come from spending time on the mountain, as well.
Books and movies always inspire new ideas. While reading or watching, an idea will often pop into my head that I have to rush to record on a sheet of paper, lest I forget it completely.
To find what inspiresyou, try:
- Sitting in a crowded restaurant, watching and listening to the people around you. What do you see? What do you hear?
- Sit back and watch your friends and family interact with each other. What do you feel?
- Take a long drive, or a walk in nature. What do you notice?
Quick Writing Tip
Writing about what inspires you can be a healthy exercise.
5 Writing Prompts
- Article Idea: Your favorite family activity.
- Screenplay Idea: A quirky friendship.
- Poem Topic: Nature.
- Novella: Overcoming the fear of crowds.
- Novel: You watch a movie, and then start living it.
Inspiration and genius - one and the same.
Find something that represents whatever it is that inspires you. Place it in a prominent place, either on your desk, or elsewhere in your office area.
In this special report, I show you how easy it is to set up a successful blog for your business. Whether you own a store online or off, you work in one of the many freelance fields or you work in another area all together, you will find this Special Report useful.
In this special report, A Freelancer’s Helper, I will show you the value of having people to help you with every day tasks while you work. Each person will have different needs, and this report will help you to decide what help would be best for your circumstances.